Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Box of tricks progresses

So now I have a smaller scale IR setup for a multitouch controller. It promises a few things but right now I can say with certainty using a wiimote to process IR blobs does not yield any tangible results for small LED arrays.

In fact it seems unless you have an LED in a glove fingertip you're gonna have no useful feedback. But now I can test my GlovePIE script in that I have a piece of hardboard with four holes drilled and IR LEDS inserted in there.

These holes are a calibration sheet, if you will for the box of tricks. Purely a method to check the wiimotes true fields of view and the Glovepie code I've written. So after a little bit more soldering hopefully we'll have something. Then its time to make an IR glove.
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment